Specialisation education students.
Study course cannot be performed before completing master or bachelor degree in pharmacy.
By the end of this study course, the student:
- is able to explain business facts affecting to pharmaceutical product development and launching to market and to evaluate the effects of different decisions
- manages the regulations related to pharmaceutical products and is able to justify necessity of those
- is able to describe and justify the voluntary control of marketing by pharmaceutical industry
- is able to describe and justify the use of different market tools in marketing pharmaceutical products
- is able to describe the impact of pharmaceutical product patent system
- manages the outlines of business mechanisms for pharmaceutical products and is able to justify those as part of business management
- is able to compile a comprehensive marketing and sales plan to pharmaceutical product as appropriate
- manages general vocabulary in the field of pharmaceutical business and marketing
Study course can be performed at any stage of the specialisation education. Study lecture course is arranged every third year.
The study course consists of different mechanisms for getting the pharmaceutical product into the market and how these affect to the business. Studies include issues like impact of the pharmaceutical product patent, the voluntary control of marketing by pharmaceutical industry and the importance of that. Thru different examples and exercises students gain competence in budgeting, cost follow-up, marketing and vocabulary specific to this field.
Accomplishment of the study course requires approved completion of final examination or sales and marketing plan.
The total amount of work for accomplishment the study course is in hours 137,5h. The studies include lectures 24h (web access available) and rest is independent studying including learning assignment(s) and final examination or sales and marketing plan with preparation time.
Study material is all material informed during the study course.
Grading is done using scale 1-5.
Grading depends on the marks obtained from the final examination or sales and marketing plan.
Study module comprises Moodle learning environment.
Study course belongs to optional studies in specialisation education in pharmacy. Performing the study course by other studies or in other way can be decided together with study responsible person at the beginning of the specialisation education studies.