Compulsory/optional course: Optional
- Coordinating degree programme: Doctoral School in Health Sciences
- The course belongs to the following module: General Transferable Skills
- Availability of the course to students of other degree programmes: Yes, but subject to capacity
After completion of the course, the participant has a comprehensive overview on information environment and resources in the bio/medical field and knows how to work efficiently and where to get help in the future. Specifically:
- To find, access and use relevant information resources in the medical field (independent information retrieval)
- To be up to date
- To get a tool for reference management
- To understand and get an overview on open science (incl. open access) and managing research data
The course is organised each academic year.
- Information environment and resources in the bio/medical field (e-journals, e-books, databases, altmetrics, visibility services for the publications etc.)
- Introduction to systematic search and information retrieval in own subject. Current awareness services.
- Bibliometrics, Open access, ResearcherID & ORCID, TUHAT Research Information System
- Reference management
- Research data management
- Plagiarism recognition system
- learning environment Moodle
- discussions, activating lectures combined with hands-on working, pre tasks
- hands-on sessions
pass/fail, active participation and completion of the course assignments.
Face-to-face seminars, hands-on sessions