Students of all faculties, students with a JOO flexible study right
The course is a quickly progressing intermediate course in Spanish particularly suitable to students proficient in or studying other Romance languages. The course examines the material included in intermediate courses 1 + 2, partly in abridged form. Successful completion of the course and fulfilment of its learning outcomes requires strong commitment, i.e. readiness to complete many home assignments and attend classes.
Initial level: CEFR A1-A2 (pdf). Spanish for beginners 2 at the Language Centre or corresponding skills
• Ability to understand non-technical fact-based texts
• Ability to discuss several topics, including expressing opinions
• Ability to understand even spontaneous speech relatively well
• An increasingly extensive and diverse vocabulary
• Increased knowledge of the Hispanic world
• Ability to describe past events and studies
• Familiarity with all tenses and modes
• Proficiency in conjugation
Topics include contemporary society, family, food culture, health, free time and hobbies, cultural life, the environment, etc.
Skills to be practised: all areas of language skills
Study methods: work in pairs and groups, written home assignments. The course progresses very quickly and requires active participation in classroom work.
• Regular and active participation in classroom work
• Home assignments, including written pieces (5–7)
• Interim (5–6) review examinations or review assignments and a final examination
• 84 hours of contact teaching and 105 hours of independent work
• Minimum attendance 75%
• Assignments and other duties completed in a timely manner
Español Dos (Kontturi, Kuokkanen-Kekki, Palmujoki), 2017, 9th Rev. ed., FinnLectura
Assessment is based on the factors listed in the learning outcomes and methods of completion.
Katri Palmujoki / Mirjami Matilainen
Concurrently with, for example, the Speaking Spanish! - Activación Oral course(s)