Students of all programmes and faculties, international students, JOO-students.
Elementary Chinese 1, or or equivalent studies If you are unsure about your skills level before registering, contact the course teacher during her office hours.
After completing the course, students are expected to be able to:
1. understand very slow, clear speech and simple texts,
2. know about 240 Chinese words,
3. communicate with people using basic vocabulary and structures on topics like travel, ordering food and drinks, buying things, commenting etc.,
4. learn around 200 Chinese characters and its structures
5. use structures featuring grammars and structures mention below.
Listening: short, slow statements and dialogues
Topics: describing locations, daily schedule, ordering, buying gifts, and doing sports, traffic.
- adverb “jiu, hai, zhen, zui, yijing, zai”
- reduplication of verbs
- Particle “le” indicating occurrence or completion
- comparative sentence using “bi”
- complements of result
- complement of state degree
- emphasis structure “shi…de”
HSK Standard Course 2. Can be bought (25e) at the Confucius Institute at the University of Helsinki or borrowed at the university library.
More info: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/networks/confucius-institute/study-and-research/courses
Listening, reading and writing exercises, oral exercises in pairs and in groups, as well as independent work (home assignments, essays, listening assignments).
This is a pass/fail course. Evaluation is based on the aspects mentioned under the course objectives. Continuous evaluation: small review tests, regular and active participation in classroom work, completion of the home assignments and final exam.
This is a teacher-instructed course with 26 hours of contact teaching and 55 hours of independent work. Minimum course attendance: 75%
Teacher of the course: Ms. Zhao Xiufen (firstname.lastname@example.org).Office hour: Mon 14-15, Unioninkatu 38A119
Course is provided by the Confucius Institute at the University of Helsinki.
The course is preceded by Elementary Chinese 1; After completion of this course, students can continue with Elementary Chinese 3.