Students of all programmes and faculties, international students, JOO-students.
Elementary Chinese 3, or equivalent studies. If you are unsure about your level before registering, contact the course teacher during her office hour.
After completing the course, students are expected to be able to:
1. understand normal, clear speech and longer texts,
2. know about 600 Chinese words,
3. communicate with people using a variety of vocabulary and key structures,
4. learn around 400 Chinese characters and their structures.
5. use the fundamental grammar and structures mentioned below.
Listening: long normal speed statements and dialogues
Reading: short texts
- complicated comparative sentences
- “ba” sentences
- adverbs “cai and jiu”
- compound complement of direction
- flexible use of interrogative pronouns, such as “shenme, nar”
- complex complements of state
- extension of the complements of direction
- “bei” sentence (passive voice)
HSK Standard Course 3. Can be bought (25e) at the Confucius Institute at the University of Helsinki or borrowed at the university library.
Listening, reading and writing exercises, oral exercises in pairs and in groups, as well as independent work (home assignments, essays, listening assignments).
This is a pass/fail course. Evaluation is based on the aspects mentioned under the course objectives. Continuous evaluation: small review tests, regular and active participation in classroom work, completion of the home assignments and final exam.
This is a teacher-instructed course with 28 hours of contact teaching and 53 hours of independent work. Minimum course attendance: 75%.
Teacher of the course: Ms. Zhao Xiufen (email@example.com). Office hour: Mon 14-15, Unioninkatu 38A119
Course is provided by the Confucius Institute at the University of Helsinki. https://www.helsinki.fi/en/networks/confucius-institute
The course is preceded by Elementary Chinese 3; After completion of this course, students can continue with Intermediate Chinese.