Students of all faculties, students in the flexible study rights scheme (JOO).
This intensive course is suitable for students who wish to progress quickly and are prepared to work actively both in class and at home.
Starting level: CEFR A1 (pdf).
French for beginners 1 and 2, approximately three upper-secondary courses, or equivalent skills.
If you are unsure about your skills level before registering, get acquainted with the course material and evaluate your competence with respect to it, contact the course teacher or teacher tutor during their office hours or get in touch with Language Centre Academic Affairs.
After completing the course, students
• Are familiar with many of the key structures of the French language, including tenses
• Can express themselves in everyday situations, both orally and in writing
• Can understand the main content of general text and clear speech
• Can compose short messages
• Are better acquainted with the French culture
- Topics: family, studies, work, leisure time, travel, customs, media, values
- Language use situations: describing one’s life and environment, expressing opinions, wishes and wants, describing past and future events
- Key structures: the passé composé and the simple past, personal, relative, demonstrative and indefinite pronouns, the future and conditional tenses, the subjunctive, expressions of time and date, expressions of cause and effect
Opintojakson voi suorittaa kurssilla, joka sisältää 70-81 tuntia kontaktiopetusta sekä 64-79 tuntia itsenäistä työskentelyä opintopistemäärästä riippuen. Erityistapauksessa on mahdollista suorittaa kurssista vain alkupuolisko tai vain loppupuolisko (3 op).
Läsnäolovelvoite 80 %.
Hirschprung, Nathalie & Tricot, Tony : Cosmopolite 2 Méthode de français Niveau A2, Hachette 2017
Mater & Mathieu-Benoit : Cosmopolite 2 Cahier d’activités, Hachette 2017
A DVD-ROM with video material and audio recordings of the textbook dialogues and texts is also available.
Digiversion: Textbook and excercise book, a DVD-ROM with video material and audio recordings of the textbook dialogues and texts. The product is a card, that contains the code for the digiversion and can be bought from a bookstore.
A glossary (French–Finnish–English) for the textbook chapters, as well as a brief outline of the grammar (both in Moodle), will be used as supplementary material for both the book and the digiversion.
- Based on the aspects mentioned under the course objectives
- Regular participation in classroom work
- Completion of the individual course assignments (e.g., essays and online assignments or other optional studies)
- A final examination
A teacher-instructed course, which includes 70–81 hours of contact teaching and 64–79 hours of independent work, depending on the number of credits awarded.
Minimum course attendance: 75%