After completing this course students will have strengthened their
· problem solving skills
· ability to integrate theory and practice by applying their field specific knowledge in a work environment
· ability to work on collaborative projects
· communication, interpersonal and other critical skills in the job search process.
and will have a deeper understanding of
· the career paths and opportunities offered by their field.
· their interests and abilities in their field of study.
and will have
· built a record of work experience.
· acquired direct employment contacts
The student will independently search for an internship position related to the her/his field of study. The length of the internship should be at least 3 months, which corresponds to 5 study credits. Longer internship can give a maximum of 15 credits. Once the internship period is over, the student will write a report on the internship and hand it in to one of the teachers coordinating the course together with a testimonial by the employer about the work done during the internship. The internship can be done in private firms, non-governmental organizations, ministries and other public offices, research institutes in Finland or abroad. The internship position should be approved by the coordinating teacher prior to its beginning.
- Approved internship and report
- Grading: pass/fail
Opintojakson voi suorittaa työelämäprojektina myös Demola -kurssilla https://helsinki.demola.net/
Marko Lindroos, Leena Rantamäki-Lahtinen
Replaces the former courses 863062 YLE18 Harjoittelu 3 cr and 81822 MAE33 Erikoisharjoittelu 1 cr.