After completing the orientation, doctoral candidates will
- be familiar with the requirements of completing a PhD at the University of Helsinki
- be capable of self-direction and self-management in learning
- have developed interaction, communication and digital skills
- have an understanding of the scientific community and support system surrounding their research
- be familiar with future career options available to them
To be completed within six months of receiving post-graduate study rights.
Offered regularly throughout the year
Orientation will cover the following topics:
- AGFOREE profile and research areas
- AGFOREE degree structure and courses
- Thesis advisory committee meetings
- International mobility
- Research community
- Career prospects
- Digital services
- Support services
Attendance at a contact teaching day or taken independently through the Moodle online learning system.
The online course must be taken by all with a pass rate minimum of 80%.
- Doctoral programme webpages
- Doctoral programme welcome letter
- YEB Code of Conduct
Feedback from the teacher