Opintojaksosta vastaa ALKU-maisteriohjelma.
Opintojakso kuuluu Afrikan ja Lähi-idän tutkimuksen opintosuunnan opintoihin.
Opintojakso on tarjolla muiden koulutusohjelmien opiskelijoille.
After completing this course successfully, students have the competence to:
- Frame social and cultural phenomena in terms of key concepts in gender and sexuality
- Select suitable sources for the study of gender and sexuality-related research.
- Predict their own response to sensitive topics and be aware of ethical issues relating to gender and sexuality issues.
The course is offered at least every other year.
The range of possible topics is wide. They include ethics related to researching gender and sexuality; societal and social issues related to sexuality and gender; core concepts and theoretical foundations of research into gender and sexuality; LGBTIQ themes; gender-specific cultural practices; etc.
Student activities include typically the following
- Studying prescribed literature
- Participation in lecture sessions
- Essay-writing task
- Classroom presentation
The course can be completed by attending a thematically relevant lecture course in African and Middle Eastern Studies or related fields (Gender Studies, Development Studies…)
Teacher: Lamis Abu Nahle