Master’s Programme in Atmospheric Sciences is responsible for the course.
Module where the course belongs to:
- ATM300 Advanced Studies in Atmospheric Sciences
- Study Track in Aerosol Physics
- Study Track in Remote Sensing
- Study Track in Meteorology
The course is available to students from other degree programmes.
- The course is aimed to provide hands-on experience on operating weather radars and its uses as a quantitative meteorological remote sensing instrument.
- As a part of the course the students will learn how to use radar data to solve real-life applications
Should be taken at the later study stages.
The course will be lectured every other year (even years) in the IV period.
- Interpretation of weather radar observations
- Quantitative measurements of meteorological quantitates
- Applications of weather radars: for hydrology, transportation and aviation safety
Journal papers and notes
Group work, data analysis, presentation and report
The grade is based on the presentation and report
Due to the exceptional situation at the University of Helsinki, the teaching of this course will be done online. For further information, please contact the lecturer by e-mail.
Group work, final project and presentation