Master’s Programme in Atmospheric Sciences is responsible for the course.
Module where the course belongs to:
- ATM300 Advanced Studies in Atmospheric Sciences
- all study tracks
The course is available to students from other degree programmes.
- The student has a view on the multidisciplinary research made in Master theses within ATM-MP. The student recognizes the possible tangible research areas of other peer students.
- The student improves his/her capability of giving a presentation and discussing on the topic, and learns how to alter the presentation for different audiences.
- The student learns how to give critical comments on a presentation.
Assisting the seminars should be started soon after beginning the Master's studies. Own seminars should be given after some results from the Master thesis work exist.
The seminar series will be running each year through periods I-IV once a week. In special cases some presentations may be given during the summer period.
Course consists of the seminar presentations of the Master's and Ph.D. students on their thesis topic.
- Participation in 20 seminars
- Giving two seminars. Teacher assists the preparation of the seminar presentations and gives feedback on the slides before the presentation and on the presentation after it.
- Being opponent for 2 seminars.
Grading scale: passed, not passed.
Assisting 20 seminar presentations (at this seminar series or in other named seminar series), being opponent for two seminars (given at this seminar series) and giving two seminar presentations, out of which one at this seminar series and another in one of the named other seminar series.
Participation to another seminar series requires WHICH KIND OF e-form returned by the seminar chair.
Annalea Lohila, Pauli Paasonen ja Hanna Vehkamäki