Registration begins 45 days before the beginning of the course. The exact registration time is shown by clicking the Register button.
- The online registration is available for those who have Finnish identity number and an online bankig ID.
If you don't have Finnish identity number and / or an online banking ID, please contact the Admission Services of University of Helsinki for instructions : admissions(at)helsinki.fi.
- International students at the University of Helsinki can enrol on the course with their University of Helsinki username.
University of Helsinki username
As an Open University student you'll get the University of Helsinki username to access the university's IT systems. The username should be activated after the registration online or at the university.
Online activating requires strong electronic identification. If it is not possible, you should visit the Helsinki University ID-point.
Open University reserves the right to make changes to the study programme.
For students who have completed the Finland 2A course (A1.3.) or have equivalent competence.
After completing the course, you will
- Be able to describe your health, as well as talk about your free time and hobbies
- Be able to talk about past events
- Be able to take part in various social situations and service encounters
- Be able to look for information on the course topics (such as hobby opportunities) from various sources
- Be familiar with certain characteristics of Finnish free time activities
- Recognise the situations in which you are able to rely on Finnish and have the courage to use Finnish in these situations
Target proficiency level: A2.1
- Practising simple social discussions and service encounters, with emphasis on fluent verbal expression
- Further everyday vocabulary (health and illness, free time and hobbies)
- Basic language structures (the partitive case, the täytyy structure, usage of the MA infinitive (maan/massa/masta), negative past tense, the -minen verbal noun)
Suomen mestari 2 – suomen kielen oppikirja aikuisille (chapters 2-4) (Sonja Gehring, Sanni Heinzmann)
(not included in the course fee)
Written and oral assignments during the course and a final examination. Examinations can be written or oral.
- Scale 0-5
- The assessment is based on a final examination, course assignments, if any, and participation during the course.
- The weight given to the different assessment factors will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Target proficiency level: A2.1
Online lectures (Zoom) 28 hours, written and oral online assignments + final exam
See "Timetable" for online lecture times. Lectures are not recorded
Instructions for completing the course and attending Zoom lectures can be found in Moodle.
Teacher: M.A. Tiina Hihnavaara
Online learning environment Moodle opens on January 12, 2021.
How to get the Moodle-link and course key?
Next day after registration: log into this study programme with your University of Helsinki username.
You will receive more information on the username after registration.
Thu 11.3.2021 at 18.30-20.00
No need to register for the exam!