You can find the course material here: https://docker-hy.github.io/
DevOps with Docker is a massive open online course (MOOC), which means it is available to everyone free of charge.
If you wish to have the credits entered in the University of Helsinki’s student records, you must register for the course at the Open University at the latest 15.1.2020. The exact registration time is shown in the Register button.
- Course materials are available for everyone without officially enrolling on the course.
- Students and international students at the University of Helsinki can enrol on the course with their University of Helsinki username.
- If you do not have a Finnish personal identity code, please contact the University of Helsinki Admission Services in order to register for the course.
Open University reserves the right to make changes to the study programme.
Optional course for the Bachelor's Programme in Computer Science
This course is available to students from other degree programmes.
Student needs to have good CLI skills and a general understanding of software development.
Computing Tools for CS Studies (Tietokone Työvälineenä)
1-3 credits depending on course exercise completion.
1. credit: Student has learned what docker is and knows how to use it in different scenarios.
2. credit: Student has general understanding of docker-compose and is able to implement advanced docker configurations.
3. credit: Student has deeper understanding of docker ecosystem and its use cases.
Recommended time of completion is at the 2nd year of computer science studies.
This course will be offered between autumn and spring terms as a focused course over winter.
This course is also to be offered in summer in the 5th period.
The course is an introductory course to Docker and docker-compose and their usage in single host deployments. Course will also introduce other container management tools.
Course will also look into what different parts web services consist of such as reverse proxies, caches and databases.
The course material is available at https://docker-hy.github.io/
Paja exercise groups held in Exactum.
Fail / Pass grading with completion of course exercises.
If you are completing DEFA (Digital Education For All) studies, DevOps with Docker is one of the courses that can be completed for application purposes.
- Questions regarding the learning environment: email@example.com
- Questions about registering at the Open University: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can find frequently asked questions on the course at the online learning environment
- If you have questions about DEFA studies, please contact DEFAemail@example.com.
- If you have questions about the content of the course, please contact the teacher in charge of the course Jami Kousa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The course is completed in the MOOC learning environment, which contains the material and instructions necessary for completing the course.
Online learning environment Moodle opens on April 15, 2019.
How to get the Moodle-link and course key?
Next day after registration: log into this study programme with your University of Helsinki username.
You will receive more information on the username after registration.
If you need some special arragements or support for the examination, contact your education specialist at least 10 days beforehand.
The course is part of the subject studies in Computer Science.