Free of charge.
No enrollment before the course begins. You will enroll on the course once you have completed part 2 in the course material. You can will find enrollment intructions at the end of part 2.
1. Complete parts 0, 1, and 2 in the MOOC online learning environment.
- No course enrollment is required.
- Course materials are available to everyone.
2. Once you have completed parts 0, 1, and 2, you will be given Open University enrollment instructions in the MOOC online learning environment. Enroll on the course according to the instructions*.
- Enrollment at the Open University ends 28.06.2021.
- Open University enrollment is required for ECTS credits.
- The ECTS credits are entered in the University of Helsinki’s student records.
3. Complete parts 3, 4, and 5 in the MOOC online learning environment.
4. Finish the course in the online learning environment Moodle. Final exercise completion is required to be eligible for credits.
*In order to enroll electronically you will need to meet one of the following criteria:
A. You have a university of Helsinki user ID.
B. You have a user ID at a HAKA federation member institution.
C. You have Finnish personal indentity number.
Open University reserves the right to make changes to the study programme.
The course is suitable for those who have completed DevOps with Docker or have experience with Docker and docker-compose. In addition experience with web-software is required, such as Full Stack Web Development or equivalent.
DevOps with Docker (TKT21025) or experience with Docker and docker-compose.
Experience with web development is expected.
After the course you are able to
- develop and release containerized applications on a self-hosted cluster as well as use Google Kubernetes engine,
- apply Kubernetes in maintenance and updating of applications,
- use monitoring with containerized applications, and
- explain continuous deployment and implement deployment to Kubernetes.
Introductory course to Kubernetes with K3s and GKE. During the course, you will develop software with a microservice architecture that utilizes Kubernetes to serve software that scales and deploys automatically. And learn how to manage it all.
Nothing is required.
- Kubernetes documentation, https://kubernetes.io/docs/home/
- Kubernetes In Action by Marko Luksa
Pass / Fail grading based on completed exercises.
1. Study the course materials in the MOOC online learning environment, which contains the materials and instructions necessary for completing the course.
2. Enroll on the course through the Open University at the end part 2 if wish to receive credits. For enrollment instructions, please refer to the instructions at the end of the part 2 in the MOOC learning environment. The last day to enrol on the course is 28.06.2021.
3. Complete the final exercise in the learning environment Moodle at the end of the course.
! Deadline for all submissions is 12.07.2021.
- WHAT - The course is finished in the online learning environment Moodle.
- WHEN - The Moodle space opens on 02.11.2020. You will be able to log in to the course's Moodle after completing the course assignments in the MOOC environment and enrolling on the course.
- HOW TO ACCESS - You will receive the Moodle-link and the course key through email within 24 hours after course enrollment. Use your University of Helsinki user name to access Moodle.
The course is part of the subject studies in Computer Science.