Free of charge.
No preregistration. You will register for the course through the Open University once you are ready to take the exam. You will find registration instructions in the course materials.
1. Study the course materials. No course registration required.
2. Once you are ready to take the exam, you need to register for the course through the Open University. You will find instructions for course registration in the Moodle online learning environment (in the section Final Exam).
- Registration at the Open University ends 14.6.2020.
- If you wish to have the ECTS entered in the University of Helsinki’s student records, you must register for the course at the Open University.
- If you do not have a Finnish personal identity code, please contact the University of Helsinki Admission Services in order to register for the course.
- Course materials (without ECTS) are available for everyone without officially enrolling on the course.
- Students and international students at the University of Helsinki can enrol on the course with their University of Helsinki username.
Open University reserves the right to make changes to the study programme.
Compulsory course for students of Bachelor’s programme in Computer Science. Course is also recommended for all students planning on completing Computer Science courses.
More about Unix-systems and command line can be learned in course Shell scripting.
Ensure that student has required practical skills for studies in Computer Science. The goal is that student learns basics of command line, using VCS (Version control systems) in simple coding project, as well as making a simple static website.
Recommended as first Computer Science course.
Course consists of three parts:
1. The Command Line
2. Version Control: Git and Github
3. HTML and CSS
Learning goals for each can be found on courses material.
Web-exam in Moodle.
Material is available online for whole year. Material contains practical information and exercises on study topics.
Web-exam and exercices. More information on assessment is available on course material.
Course is completed online. Web-exam may be completed at any point before the end of the course.
Online learning environment Moodle opens on May 25, 2020.
How to get the Moodle-link and course key?
Next day after registration: log into this study programme with your University of Helsinki username.
You will receive more information on the username after registration.
If you need some special arragements or support for the examination, contact your education specialist at least 10 days beforehand.
For special arrangements, please also send a copy of a certificate from a doctor or an equivalent expert, such as a psychologist, speech therapist or physical therapist, indicating the grounds for special arrangements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about Unix-systems and command line can be learned in course Shell scripting. Student’s digital skills: orientation (2 op)
Course is part of Other studies in programme in Computer Science.