- The Doctoral Programme in Population Health coordinates the course.
- This is a compulsory course. (Min. 1 ECTS, max. 4 ECTS)
- The course is part of the Field-Specific Studies module.
- The course is available to students of other degree programmes.
The aim of the workshop is to give the doctoral candidates an opportunity to learn of the latest research and developments within the different research areas of population health, to get an idea of the research projects their peers work on and of the role and support they can get from their doctoral programme. DCs will also be able to network with other doctoral candidates and with prominent researchers in the field, from Finland and abroad. DCs have the opportunity to present their work (poster/ talk) in the Workshop.
The recommended time of completion is at the beginning of the doctoral training, organised in the autumn term
DocPop workshop 2019 draft programme
12:00 Welcome words
12:10 Elisabeth Widén: Clinical applications of personalized prevention
13:00 Student presentations (15min, 10 for presentation, 5 for questions)
- Paula Hakkanen - Overweight development among primary school children: distinct sex-specific body mass indextrajectories to guide school health care interventions
- Kirsi Nikander - Parents, school nurses and teachers recognize children who benefit from a school physician's appointment
- Sebastian Penafajuri - Joint effects of alcohol use, smoking and body mass index as an explanation for the alcohol harm paradox: causal mediation analysis of eight cohort studies
- Bram Berntzen - The keys to a healthy BMI: An analysis of physical activity, eating behavior and sleep in BMIdiscordant twin pairs
- Elmo Saarentaus - Most rare and high-risk CNV carriers do not have major health, cognitive or socioeconomic consequences
14:20 Arne Schlenzka: Virtual reality tools for training surgeons
15:00 Student presentations (15min, 10 for pres, 5 for questions)
- Petteri Hirvonen - The impacts of intelligent patient flow management system in primary health care setting
- Vesa Jormanainen - Large-scale implementation and adoption of Kanta services in Finland
- Nazma A Nazu - Quality of care of type 2 diabetes patients with mental and memory disorders
- Katri Seppanen - Organisational changes and service utilisation in primary health care in capital area of Finland
16:00 Ilmo Keskimäki: Reforming public health policy
17--> Closing remarks followed by wine and cheese
1 ECTS of participation
1 ECTS of presentation
Talks by prominent researchers and by doctoral candidates, poster session
- Pass / Fail
- Attendance throughout the seminar = 1 ECTS credit
- Opportunity to receive additional credits by presenting a poster/ giving a talk
The 5th DocPop Workshop titled Public Health 2.0 will be organised on September 2nd, 2019 in the afternoon, in Biomedicum.
We are looking for PhD students from the DocPop programme to present their work during the Workshop. There will be oral presentation slots with short Q&A's available. By presenting at the Workshop (participation to the workshop in itself 1 ECTS), you will be able to claim further ECTS points. More info on this will be announced later.
Please fill in your abstract: https://elomake.helsinki.fi/lomakkeet/98946/lomake.html
Deadline for the abstracts is 15th August 2019.
Feedback form: https://elomake.helsinki.fi/lomakkeet/99640/lomake.html
The course will be organised as contact teaching (attendance required).