- The Doctoral Programme in Population Health coordinates the course.
- This is an optional course.
- The course is part of the General Transferable Skills module.
- The course is available to students of other degree programmes
Principles of Scientific Writing - course.
The aim of the course is to facilitate the paper writing process and to familiarize the students with typical format the conventions of scientific papers. The course assignments and peer feedback will help the DCs to develop their writing skills and communicate more clearly. The ultimate goal is to complete key sections of a participant's paper by the end of semester.
The course can be completed at any stage of studies, organised in the autumn term.
During this intensive two-day course, we will practice structuring and writing the different sections of a typical scientific paper. Day 1: Abstract, Introduction, Methods Day 2: How to Tell a Story, Results, Discussion
Workshop: group work, lectures, take-home assignments.
- Pass / Fail
- Receiving credits requires attendances in all lectures and finishing all assignments.
Feedback form: https://elomake.helsinki.fi/lomakkeet/99640/lomake.html
This interactive course consists of mini-lectures and practical exercises, attendance required
DOCPOP-132, Principles of Scientific Writing 2 - from proposal to paper is the same course as 921315, Principles of Scientific Writing 2 - from proposal to paper