- The Doctoral Programme in Biomedicine coordinates the course
- The course is part of the Field-Specific Studies module
- The course is available to students of other degree programmes
- Module level: Doctoral degree/EQF level 8
- Presentation skills
- Generation and reception of peer feedback in conference
- presentation style
- Presentation feedback from senior researchers
- Practice in interdisciplinary scientific discussion
- Workshops and roundtable discussion on presentation skills, grant application writing and scientific poster writing skills.
autumn term / spring term
The participants of the course will have the chance to present their research in front of their research program peers, receiving peer feedback and questions. Attendance to the seminars will also provide knowledge on the current research of the whole research program, with a very diverse and interdisciplinary range of projects, as well as practice in questioning and presentation in a conference style. The presenters will then receive personalized feedback from senior investigators present at each seminar. Finally, during the summer months the seminar sessions will be used for workshop and roundtable discussion regarding important research issues: Presentation skills, grant application writing and scientific poster generation.
Pass/Fail, based on attendance and presentation.
1 ECTS: attendance to ten seminars, 1 ECTS of presentation.
The seminars in the spring term 2020 - CANCELLED UNTIL THE END OF JULY, 2020!
1.4.2020 12:00 - 13:00 Biomedicum 1, sh.1-2 (p-floor)
6.5.2020 12:00 - 13:00 Biomedicum 1, sh.1-2 (p-floor)
3.6.2020 12:00 - 13:00 Biomedicum 1, sh.1-2 (p-floor)
For further information, please contact Juan Landoni: juan.landoni-at-helsinki.fi
Feedback form: https://elomake.helsinki.fi/lomakkeet/99648/lomake.html
10 seminars and oral presentation