Optional course for all the students in Educational Sciences
After completing the course, the student
- has widened her/his theoretic and professional competence
- has familiarized oneself with different perspectives to pedagogy, education and society, within the scope on local, national and international
Sopii useampaan vaiheeseen opintoja.
- Familiarizing oneself on the different educational, pedagogical and social phenomena, based on the student’s own choice and interest.
- Development of one’s professional competence by attending the seminars and lectures available.
It is recommended to use the relevant literature as a reference.
Independently attending the lectures, seminars and other events + reflecting the content of the events in one’s learning diary.
- Lectures: 8 hours /1 ECTS
- Independent work: 19 hours /1 ECTS
The purpose of Studia Paedagogica is to let the students freely choose the interesting events related to their academic and professional interests, and then to gain the credits by reporting and reflecting the learning associated to the events.
Relevant seminars and events to be included in the course can be for example the following:
-Guest lectures by the local and international lecturers and speakers
-Events related to education, culture, teaching and learning
The lectures and seminars can be organized by the Faculty of Educational Sciences, Bachelor or Master Programme on Education or other relevant organizations/ associations etc.
Student will write a reflective learning diary based on the events attended and the literature.
For one credit, student needs to attend four freely chosen lectures or seminar (each min. 2 hours) and to reflect one’s learning on a diary.
Student can be complete the course either as 3 credit or 5 credits.