After a completed course the student will have knowledge and understanding in:
- gets basic knowledge of Finnish school and its subjects
- deepens his or her knowledge of how subjects are taught in Finnish comprehensive school
- is able to compare subject education in Finnish schools internationally
- understands what is behind the PISA-results
- understands how subject education is researched in Finland
Autumn and Spring
The aim of the study unit is to encourage the student to understand the Finnish school and the subjects taught in the Finnish education system.
Niemi, H., Toom, A. & Kallioniemi, A. (eds.) (2016). Miracle of Education: The Principles and Practices of Teaching and Learning in Finnish Schools. (Second Revised Edition) Rotterdam: Sense Publishers
Literature studies and reflections.
Assessment on the scale 0-5. Completed assignment.
The study unit is completed by a written work.