Pakollinen syventäviin opintoihin kuuluva jakso.
Eläinlääketieteen lisensiaatin koulutusohjelma vastaa jaksosta ja se ei ole tarjolla muiden koulutusohjelmien opiskelijoille.
In the neurology component, students will become familiar with carrying out a neurological examination on small animals and horses, locating the complaint, and formulating a differential diagnosis list as well as with the most common research methods and the most important neurological diseases. In the ophthalmology component, students will learn how to perform an eye examination and become familiar with the diagnostics and treatment of eye diseases.
Students will be able to
- locate a neurological problem based on the neurological examination they have performed
- list the most important differential diagnoses after localizing the neurological problem
- plan the necessary further examinations
- plan treatment for the most important neurological diseases
- perform a thorough eye examination and identify the problem based on it
- identify and treat the most common eye diseases in small animals and horses
- identify diseases affecting the animal’s ability to see and/or the eyeball that require
specialist evaluation and treatment
4. lukuvuoden syyslukukausi
Performing a neurological examination, locating a neurological problem based on the neurological examination, formulating a list of alternative diagnoses based on the location of the problem and on the patient’s history, identifying and treating the most important diseases of the brain, the spinal cord and the peripheral nervous system, as well as using physiotherapy and diagnostic imaging in neurology. Anatomy and physiology of the eye, diseases affecting various parts of the eye, their etiology, diagnostics and treatment.
Platt & Olby (edit.) BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Neurology, 4. painos.
Gould & McLellan (edit.) BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Ophthalmology, 3. painos
Jakson aikana osoitettava materiaali
Tentin kesto 2 tuntia.
Lectures (32 h), practical exercises (5 h). Written examination (4 h)