- Final project: analytical essay or a fictional text (length: 25 000–30 000 characters).
- Reflection paper: a short reflective text elaborating your choice of topic and approach (length: 4000–5000 characters).
- 85 % participation on contact sessions required (i. e. 2 absences allowed).
- Responsibility for groupwork assignments:
- 1 time participation in formulating questions for a lecture
- 3 sessions of collaborative writing / discussion (details in the methods section)
Assessment criteria will be added to the Moodle site before the end of the course.
Upon completing this course you will
● understand some of the central thematic issues, historical contexts and theoretical debates related to the selected topic
● have a detailed grasp of the literary works selected for closer analysis
● be able to engage critically with previous research and develop your own thinking concerning the topic
● be able to communicate your knowledge to audiences within the field of literary studies.
First or second year of the master’s programme. The course will not be offered every year.
This course will provide a deeper understanding of a specific literary topic.
Specified in the teaching programme and/or in the first teaching session.
Specified in the teaching programme and/or during the first teaching session.
Students will be assessed according to how well they achieve the learning outcomes. The criteria will be specified in the teaching programme and/or at the first teaching session.
Grading scale: 0-5.
Completion methods vary from year to year and are announced in each year’s teaching programme.