Materiaali on lisätty kurssin Moodle-sivulle
Poikkeuksellisesti kurssi järjestetään verkkototeutuksena Moodle-oppimisympäristössä. Kurssin alkuperäinen luonne muuttuu poikkeustilanteesta johtuen
Bachelor students, 4. period
The course ENV-345 Ekotoksikologia is highly recommended to be taken prior to the Bootcamp.
After the course the student will be able to:
- understand fundamental principles in Aquatic Ecotoxicology
- understand the interplay between this research discipline and others linked
- tell the principles of methodologies in Aquatic Ecotoxicology
- become aware of the impacts of urbanisation on aquatic ecosystems, the world and also on human
- to place this knowledge in a wider context related to ecotoxicology and also environmental chemistry
- use analytical instruments under supervision and plan laboratory based experiments
- discuss own results in scientific manners
The course is recommended to be taken as part of the BSc studies.
Face to face lectures, nature walks to connect theoretical knowledge with onsite situations. Experience new teaching concepts such as Spaced Learning Events and Flexible Fridays. Methodology in Aquatic Ecotoxicology, and the interplay of teamwork in science. Setting up ecotoxicological bioassays within the project guided teaching. Writing of the reports on the results.
Contact teaching 85 h (lectures, Project Guided Teaching, excursion) and independent learning 50 h
Most of the material will be delivered as slides in electronic material. Writing reports require reading and referring to scientific papers.
Grading is fail/pass
The courses is arranged in Lahti.
Prof. Dr. Stephan Pflugmacher Lima