MSc students in GMB masters program.
BSc in Molecular biology or genetics. Basic gene technology courses passed.
- can design PCR primers for targeted mutagenesis independently, knows most common applications of PCR, knows different types of oligonucleotide modifications.
- can perform PCR independently, perform basic cloning independently.
- knows principles in RNA isolation and handling and can perform RNA blotting.
- knows the use of reporter fusions.
- knows the principle of person identification by PCR.
- can perform both native and denaturing electrophoresis for proteins and nucleic acids .
Period 4 yearly
A short intensive lecture period (8h) about PCR and primer design. Primer design exercise. Laboratory work 9 days.
PCR exercise and an exam. Attendance in laboratory work is oblicatory.
Lectures and power points in moodle, laboratory manual.
0-5, based on exercises and exam.
Replaces the former courses 529312 Gene technology II, 4 cr, and 529321 PCR and primer design, 1 cr.