Compulsory/optional course: Optional
- Coordinating degree programme: Doctoral School in Health Sciences
- The course belongs to the following module: General Transferable Skills
- Availability of the course to students of other degree programmes: No
On completion of the course, the participants will:
- be aware of different career opportunities for doctoral holders
- know job opportunities outside of the academia
- know where to find a job, and how to apply for a job
- know about the expectations of the employers
- have new contacts to potential employers outside of the academia
The course is organised once a year in the autumn term.
The course provides an overview of the career opportunities for doctoral holders. The course brings together doctoral candidates who are aiming to build a career outside of the academia. The course supports individual career planning and promotes networking with potential employers.
Discussion, group work and speed-dating.
pass/fail, active participation in all sessions and completion of the course assignments.
Workshop including discussion, group work and speed-dating. Maximum 60 participants.