Elective as a part of the Public Health Nutrition core module
The course can be used by students from other Master’s programs
HNFB-123 Special Diets, HNFB-20x Methology for food consumption studies, HNFB-122 Foods in Diets, HNFB-121 Public Health Nutrition
- understand the role of food services in public health nutrition and in health promotion
- can apply nutritional recommendations in food services
- understand to role of nutritional expertise in food services
- can search, read and evaluate scientific literature related to food services
- can describe and evaluate different kind of food service models in Finland and other countries
HNFB program, 1st year or 2nd year, period 2
- Nutritional recommendations in food services
- Nutritional quality of meals
- Different food service models
- Food services for different age groups and in different contexts
- Nutritional expertise in food services
Study material will be provided during the course.
Active participation in the lectures and site visits. Planning, reporting and presenting project work. Summaries of the site visits and selected articles
Evaluation by using the grading 0—5, based on summaries of site visits, summaries of selected articles and project work. Evaluation criteria are in Moodle.
Lectures (contact hours), obligatory reporting seminar).
Performance: project work, summaries of the site visits and selected articles, article-related reporting seminar