Optional within LDA-P3100 module (Studies in Phonetics) and for LDA-P500 (Phonetics Specialization).
Belongs to LDA-P3100 and LDA-P500.
The course available to students from other degree programmes.
The common course block of LingDA.
Introduction to linguistics and phonetics (BA level course).
The students will:
- acquire an insight into the current state and the hot topics in phonetic research
- understand how the research community formulates and targets the novel problems in speech science
- gain in-depth familiarity with the current work of the phonetics research group at the University of Helsinki
- be acquainted with the members of the research group as well as with several other leading experts in the field.
The second year, after completing the common course block of LingDA. Autumn, period II.
Participation of the phonetics research group work
Invited lectures on the current topics in phonetics
- Oral presentations and discussion stimulating interaction skills
- Scientific seminar environment
- Activities documented in Moodle.
- Written exam (an essay).
- Contact teaching
- Visiting lecturers
- Laboratory work participation
- Examination: written exam (an essay).