Master's Programme in Materials Research is responsible for the course.
Module where the course belongs to:
- MATR300 Advanced Studies in Materials Research
- Study Track in Polymer Materials Chemistry
The course is available to students from other degree programmes.
Basic knowledge in organic and physical chemistry.
Courses from the Study Track in Polymer Materials Chemistry.
The course is compulsory for polymer chemistry majors.
- learn to know various polymer structures
- learn different polymerization methods
- learn to know the most important polymer characterization methods
- understand the relation between polymer structures and properties
- get the knowledge of polymer raw materials and various application areas
Recommended for Master degree students but also possible for Bachelor or later stages of studies.
Course is given every year in the autumn term (during Period 2)
- Basic structures and physical states of polymers
- Chain polymerization, coordination polymerization and step-growth polymerization
- Copolymerization and polymerization processes
- Molecular weight, viscous flow, viscoelasticity and other properties of polymer systems
- Degradation and stabilization
- Renewable resources and recycling
- Analysis and identification of polymers
- F. Rodriguez, C. Cohen, C.K. Oder, L.A. Archer; Principles of Polymer Systems, 6th Ed.
Weekly lectures, two exams (essay type) during the course.
Final grade is based on activities of the students during the course (30 %) and the examination (70%).
Participation in lectures and passing two intermediate exams during the course or the final exam on general exam days.