Compulsory for all MBDP doctoral candidates.
After completing the orientation, doctoral candidates will
- be familiar with the requirements of completing a PhD at the University of Helsinki
- be capable of self-direction and self-management in learning
- have developed interaction, communication and digital skills
- have an understanding of the scientific community and support system surrounding their research
- be familiar with future career options available to them
To be completed within three months of receiving post-graduate study rights.
The course will be offered every year, once in the spring and once in the autumn (dependent on the application dates for post-graduate study rights).
Orientation will cover the following topics:
- MBDP profile and research areas
- MBDP degree structure and courses
- Thesis committee meetings
- International mobility
- Research community
- Career prospects
- Digital services
- Support services
Orientation will be held on a one-one basis or in small groups.
Full attendance is required and a Thesis committee meeting three months later will be scheduled.
Doctoral programme webpages, Doctoral programme welcome letter, YEB Code of Conduct.
Feedback from the teacher
Teaching in English.
Doctoral education Planning officer