The course is compulsory for students completing pedagogical studies for teachers (60 cr).
Students who have completed the course will
- Have basic knowledge of phenomena and processes related to learning
- Have basic knowledge of development as a biologically, psychologically and culturally evolving process
- Have basic knowledge of the relationship between interaction, learning and behaviour
- Be able to act target-orientedly and constructively in interactive situations
- Be able to apply technology in collaborative knowledge creation
- Be able to reflect on and develop their own activities based on the knowledge of psychology of learning and development
The course is organized in the autumn and spring period.
The course examines the following topics:
- Learning from the perspective of educational psychology and learning research
- The comprehensive nature and significance of learning and development in the framework of education
- The development and adaptability of the brain as well as its dependence on social and cultural factors
- The dynamics of interaction both scientifically and by reflecting on one’s own actions
- The teacher’s own actions and development as a significant part of pedagogical interaction
- Learning as discovery as well as the building of motivation through the help of engaging and investigative work methods.
Required literature: Lonka, K. (2018). Phenomenal learning from Finland. Edita.
Additional literature: Appointed by the lecturer
Case-based learning tasks, interactive discussion, peer feedback, pre-assignments, the use of modern digital technology. Learning to develop group work skills is part of self-directed group activities.
The final course grade is based on the grades for the activating assignments and the case-based online examination, graded on a scale of 0–5.
The assessment focuses on the application and conceptualisation of the information provided in the course. Students must use the information of the course to solve the challenges and questions presented in the examination. They must also consider the key matters learned in the course based on the course assignments. Personal insights will be considered a merit in the assessment.
Studenter från andra fakulteter som avlägger allmän och vuxenpedagogik som valbara studer (tidigare kallat biämne) anmäler sig till gruppen PED.
En aktiverande föreläsningskurs med grupparbeten och e-lärande.
Universitetslektor Nina Sajaniemi
På svenska: Universitetslektor Monica Londén