Targeted for social psychology students
Courses in research methods
The course aims at developing students’ thinking by offering case projects with real-life digital industry problems. The main objective of the course is to give tangible skills to apply theoretical knowledge in practice. The course will provide insights for personal professional growth and cultivate an atmosphere where students are encouraged to work together as in working life and quickly accomplish concrete results.
The intended learning objectives are threefold:
1) Students will be coached to learn to use their theoretical knowledge to pinpoint practical problems and solve them.
2) Students will learn to create materials/presentations for industry (non-academic) purposes.
3) Students will learn to communicate their social psychological knowhow with digital industry professionals.
Second or third period
The course gives a strong background for the understanding of how social psychology helps us comprehend social and digital media and how to apply social psychology in practice. The course offers an opportunity to work with digital media professionals who are trying to understand human behaviour and help them solve their most challenging problems.
Pre-lecture orientation readings (websites, apps, academic articles, news articles, behavioural data)
Graded on a scale of 0 to 5 (0 = Fail, 1 = Passable, 2 = Satisfactory, 3 = Good, 4 = Very Good, 5 = Excellent)
Jakso on peruutettu opettajan estymisen takia.
The course teaching comprises of
1) Topical lectures by digital industry professionals who present existing problems they deal with
2) Social psychology orientation lectures
3) Coaching of the group case assignments
The course learning activities are comprised of
1) Pre-lecture orientation readings (incl. articles, websites, apps)
2) Lectures/group discussions
3) Preparation of a case assignment in groups
4) Presentation of the case assignment (oral and written)
5) Coaching peers through the course
6) Post-course one-page personal reflection