Students will learn to analyse the service requirements caused by an ageing population and the ways in which the public and private sector, as well as families and communities can fulfil them.
The course analyses assistance and service requirements related to ageing. Public and private services, as well as questions of geriatric social work and the role of immediate communities in offering assistance will be studied.
Related literature for contact teaching and the online course will be separately announced.
Three books from the following selection are required for the book examination option:
Hoppania, Hanna-Kaisa ym.: Hoivan arvoiset. 2016. Gaudeamus.
Kuronen, Tanja: Hoivapommin purkajat. 2015. Gaudeamus.
Kuusinen-James, Kirsi: Setelipeliä. 2016.
Ray, Mo & Bernard, Miriam & Phillips, Judith: Critical Issues in Social Work with Older People. 2009. Palgarve Macmillan.
Tikkanen, Ulla: Omaishoidon arki. 2016.
Graded on a scale of 0 to 5 (0 = Fail, 1 = Passable, 2 = Satisfactory, 3 = Good, 4 = Very Good, 5 = Excellent)
Instructions for examinations
- Faculty examinations are held in the Porthania lecture halls (Yliopistonkatu 3).
- Faculty examinations begin at 9.00. Students must arrive by 9.30 and may leave no earlier than 9.30.
- Students may take only writing utensils with them to their seats (no bags etc.). No programmable calculators or dictionaries are allowed.
- Mobile phones must be switched off.
- Examination answers must be returned to the invigilator in the examination envelope.
- Students must provide proof of identity when submitting their answers.
Contact teaching, a study visit and a learning assignment on literature announced during the course
online teaching with group meetings and learning assignments
a book examination