After completing this exam, the student is able to evaluate the innovativeness and relevance of recent ethnographic work and its contribution to anthropological knowledge. The student able to reflect his or her personal style of writing ethnography and the possibilities of applying anthropological knowledge about the contemporary world in different expert and research roles.
- Paul Rabinow: The Accompaniment: Assembling the Contemporary, 2011. University of Chicago Press.
- Annelise Riles: Collateral Knowledge: Legal Reasoning in the Global Financial Markets, 2011. Chicago Press.
Instructions for examinations
- Faculty examinations are held in Porthania (Yliopistonkatu 3).
- Faculty examinations begin at 9.00. Students must arrive by 9.30 and may leave no earlier than 9.30.
- Students may take only writing utensils with them to their seats (no bags etc.). No programmable calculators or dictionaries are allowed.
- Mobile phones must be switched off.
- Examination answers must be returned to the invigilator in the examination envelope.
- Students must provide proof of identity when submitting their answers.