Master’s Programme in Atmospheric Sciences is responsible for the course.
Module where the course belongs to:
- ATM300 Advanced Studies in Atmospheric Sciences
- all study tracks
The course is available to students from other degree programmes.
The project work defines the previous knowledge and skills acquired from the student.
Project is a compulsory course of the atmospheric master program and it is a part of the career planning studies. The project course aims at developing expert skills that can include:
1) versatile information acquisition, project planning and reporting skills
2) project management, organizing and coordinating skills
3) skills in lifelong learning and employment in the changing working life
4) negotiation skills, education and consultation skills, leadership skills, entrepreneurship skills, intercultural skills
Any time during the master programme.
Time of the project course is based on the availability of project work and agreed with the project supervisor and student(s).
The content is determined according to the selected project work. Student is responsible for confirming that the project work qualifies for the credits the when the project plan is sent to the Teacher coordinating the course.
Final grade is based on students self-evaluation (50%), customers/supervisors evaluation of the process and results (25%) as well as the coordinating teachers evaluation of the process (25%).
Please contact lecturer Taina Ruuskanen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for registration.
Project course can be done only once in alone or in a small 2-4 person group for the width of 3 or 5 cr. The project course includes at least one month full time work that can not be a part of other study registration, master's thesis etc. Suitable tasks include research, education or task that assist expert work. The work can be done in one of the following:
1) outside the university, in a government or municipal agency, company, organization, association, foundation or co-operative in Finland or abroad. For this the student may apply for University funding for a trainee-ship included in their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from Career Services.
2) University of Helsinki