60 euroa. Lisätietoja.
Avoimen yliopiston kesäopetus on maksutonta ilmoittautumishetkellä läsnä oleville Helsingin yliopiston perustutkinto-opiskelijoille. Maksuttomuus ei koske mahdollista materiaalimaksua.
This course partially/completely fulfils the foreign language requirement in the degree.
Starting level CEFR B2
The aim of the course is for students to activate and develop skills in the academic and professional English of their field and to gain confidence in communicating in situations relevant to their studies and professional life. The intention is that students improve their ability to
- understand general and academic/professional spoken English
- discuss/present in academic/professional English fluently and spontaneously
- read and understand academic/professional English texts
- write academic/professional English texts clearly and accurately
- take responsibility for their own learning and become more autonomous language learners, in order to promote life-long learning.
The recommendation for the timing of this course varies according to the degree programme.
Depending on the particular needs of the group, the course will include
- field-specific materials from a range of sources such as journals, (text) books, and the Internet, provided by students and the teacher
- reading the material, applying appropriate strategies
- writing texts relevant to the students' academic and professional needs
- presenting and discussing topics related to the fields of study
- becoming familiar with strategies and tools for future language development.
Moodle / other media
Students choose texts from their field to be used as materials.
The course uses peer evaluation, self-evaluation and evaluation by the teacher.
Online course. There are no live-lectures on the course.
Online learning environment Moodle will be used on the course. The course Moodle will open on Tuesday 4th of August 2020.