30 euroa. Lisätietoja.
This is the FIRST part of a two-part course.
The aim of the course is for students to activate and develop skills in the academic and professional English of their field and to gain confidence in communicating in situations relevant to their studies and professional life. The intention is that students improve their ability to
- understand general and academic/professional spoken English
- discuss/present in academic/professional English fluently and spontaneously
- read and understand academic/professional English texts
- write academic/professional English texts clearly and accurately
- take responsibility for their own learning and become more autonomous language learners, in order to promote life-long learning
Depending on the particular needs of the group, the course will include
- field-specific materials from a range of sources such as journals, (text) books, and the Internet, provided by students and the teacher
- reading the material, applying appropriate strategies
- writing texts relevant to the students' academic and professional needs
- presenting and discussing topics related to the fields of study
- becoming familiar with strategies and tools for future language development.
Moodle / other media
Students will choose texts from their field to be used as materials.
Kaipaatko vinkkejä tietoteknisiin taitoihin?
Tutustu Opiskelijan digitaidot avoimiin materiaaleihin.
Lisäksi opintotarjonnassamme on Opiskelija digitaidot: orientaatio ja syventävät taidot -kurssit.
Tutustu myös Avoimen yliopiston verkkopalvelun Kehity oppijana -sivuihin.
The course uses peer evaluation, self-evaluation and evaluation by the teacher.
Courses based on regular meetings include 28 contact hrs and 27 hrs of independent work.
See additional information for the completion methods of each group.
The Language Centre requires students to attend approximately 80% of the classes. Concessions may be made if warranted by the nature of the course. However, 100% attendance may be required for contact lessons related to self-access courses or equivalent studies.