No preregistration. You will be prompted to register for the course through the Open University after you have completed assignments in the MOOC learning environment. You will be able to access the learning environment once the course starts.
1. Complete the assignments in the MOOC online learning environment. The link to the MOOC environment will be posted here in March when the course begins.
2. You will be given instructions for course registration in the MOOC online learning environment. Register for the course according to the instructions and continue studying on the course in the online learning environment Moodle.
- Registration at the Open University ends 8.1.2021.
- If you wish to have the ECTS entered in the University of Helsinki’s student records, you must register for the course at the Open University.
- If you do not have a Finnish personal identity code, please contact the University of Helsinki Admission Services in order to register for the course.
- Course materials (without ECTS) are available for everyone without officially enrolling on the course.
- Students and international students at the University of Helsinki can enrol on the course with their University of Helsinki username.
Open University reserves the right to make changes to the study programme.
The course is suitable for Computer Science and Information Technology students, for those working on the field and for advanced amateur programmers. You can take the course as part of Digital Education For All (DEFA) studies
- Questions regarding the learning environment: email@example.com
- Questions about registering at the Open University: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can find frequently asked questions on the course at the online learning environment
- If you have questions about DEFA studies, please contact DEFAemail@example.com.
- If you have questions about the content of the course, please contact the teacher in charge of the course Matti Luukkainen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Online learning environment Moodle opens on 15.3.2020. You will be able to log in to the course's Moodle after completing the course assignments in the MOOC environment and registering on the course.
How to get the Moodle-link and course key?
Next day after registration: log into this study programme with your University of Helsinki username. You will receive more information on the username after registration.
You don’t have to registrate to online examinations.
If you need some special arragements or support for the examination, contact your education specialist at least 10 days beforehand.
The course is part of the subject studies in Computer Science.