Course belongs to Chemistry and Molecular Science Master Program.
Course is optional in the analysis and separation methods module.
Master level course available also to students from other degree programmes.
Courses on Instrumental analysis and Separation Techniques are preferred.
- Sampling and sample preparation
- Analytical chemistry laboratory works
Student will know:
- The fundamentals of electrophoresis
- The basic principle of several capillary electromigration techniques
- The capillary and microchip electroseparations
- Parameters affecting the separations
- The method development and optimization approaches
- Detection possibilities
- A wide range of application areas
First or second year of the master’s studies.
Every second year in III period.
The course will give an overview of several capillary electromigration techniques by introducing basic principles of the techniques in addition to parameters affecting the separations. Potential of different capillary electromigration techniques in the light of several applications including separations of small ions to those of proteins, viruses and cells will be presented. Student presentations, practical examples and applications as well as a laboratory demonstration help students more successfully to achieve the course’s learning objectives.
Electronically available recent review articles and book chapters on the topic are given to the students.
Lectures, presentations, demonstration, exercises and student's independent learning.
Scale 0-5, exam 100%
Nykyisestä koronavirustilanteesta johtuen salitentit on peruttu. Voit olla yhteydessä tentaattoriin korvaavan suoritustavan sopimiseksi