Studier vid Öppna Universitetet
Grundstudier i ledarskap 20 sp
Studenterna lär sig hur relationerna mellan mångfald och ledarskap inom politik, administration och företagslivet samverkar, utvecklas och upprätthålls eller ändras. Under kursen lär man sig att identifiera olika frågor kring mångfald och dess kopplingar till organisationer samt reflektera kritiskt kring ledarskap, organisationer och arbetslivet. Kursen stöder teoretisk förståelse om ledarskap i organisationer och arbetslivet i vår tid, med växande mångfald och komplexitet.
This course attempts to cover the fundamentals of the field of leadership psychology. Leadership is not simply about getting people to do things. It is about getting them to want to do things. Leadership, then, is about shaping beliefs, desires, and priorities, it is about achieving influence, not securing compliance. It is about getting things done through others. In order to understand it, we need to focus on the mental states and processes that lead people to listen to leaders, to hear, what they have to say, and to take on the vision of the leader as their own. In case of leadership, there are a range of social and contextual factors that impact upon a leader’s capacity to influence others. These include the culture of the group that is being led, the broader society within which that group is located, the nature of the institutions within which leadership takes place, and the gender of leaders themselves.
By the end of this course the students will be able to
1. Give examples of psychological research about leadership
2. Differentiate between personal, contextual, and social factors that impact upon the leader’s effectiveness
3. Identify the different roles people can have in task groups
4. Describe the cultural differences in leadership style
5. Name the antecedents and consequences of “evil” leadership: conformity and obedience
6. Understand what gender segregation means (both horizontal and vertical segregation)